It you’re trying to save money by eating in, instead of dining at your favorite restaurant, you can still savor that true Italian pie taste with frozen pizza. You just need to know how to prepare it and ways to jazz up grocery store ingredients to give your dinner a “pizzeria” feel in your own kitchen.
How to Prepare California Pizza Kitchen Cripsy Thin Crust Signature Pepperoni Pizza:
Bake at 400 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes. Be sure to completely pre-heat your oven before inserting the pizza. DO place the pizza directly on the oven rack as the directions indicate. Overall, the pizza will turn out crispier and less soggy.
$5.60 for 13.6 ounces (3 servings)
This is pretty darn close to what you would find at the actual restaurant. But it could use additional cheese, pepperoni and spices to make the taste more authentic. (See directions below.)
- Serving Size 1/3 pizza (128 grams)
- Servings per container 3
- Calories 350
- Calories from fat 160
- Total fat 18 grams
- Saturated fat 8 grams
- Trans fat 1 gram
- Cholesterol 35 mg
- Sodium 800 mg
- Total carbohydrates 31 grams
- Dietary Fiber 2 grams
- Sugars 3 grams
- Protein 16 grams
- Vitamin A 8%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Calcium 25%
- Iron 8%
(Percentage daily value based on a 2,000 calorie diet)
Lower Calorie Alternative:
- Weight Watchers Smart Ones Pepperoni Pizza Smartwich It has less than half the fat and a third fewer calories than California Pizza Kitchen. But it’s more of a panini than a pizza. So, if you crave the restaurant style pizza, this won’t cut it. It might be good for a quick lunch or dinner if you’re more in the mood for a hot sandwich than a pizza.
How to Add Your Own Ingredients to Make the Dish more “Authentic” Tasting:
- Add your own pepperoni. Simply take individual slices out of the refrigerator or freezer and arrange on top of the pizza before you place it in the oven. Add as much pepperoni as you like. If you have a bunch of meat lovers in your family, you might want to cover the entire surface of the pizza.
- Sprinkle mozzerella cheese liberally over the pizza after you take it out of the oven. You can buy large bags of mozzarella in bulk at warehouse clubs. (It freezes well and lasts a long time frozen.)
- Add Italian seasoning to taste. Add some then try it, and if the pizza isn’t spicy enough, sprinkle on some more. If you like your pizza extra cheesy, top with parmesan as well.
1pizzacoupons offers deals for take-out and frozen pizzas virtually anywhere.
To make your at-home pizza party even more authentic, cover your table with a red and white checked cloth and open up a botte of Cabernet!